CWA develops comprehensive long-term strategies to meet our clients’ present and future needs. We understand that making the right decisions in the early stages of a project is crucial to efficient and cost-effective operations throughout the entire life span.
CWA has directly overseen the development of greenfield and brownfield industrial sites, process plans, and transport infrastructure. We are fully equipped to provide cost-effective and practical solutions at all levels of the planning stage, from scoping studies through concept development and permit application.
Our master planning services include:
- Concept development and layouts.
- Permit application.
- Public agency coordination.
- Site selection/site appraisal.
Front End Engineering Design
Front end engineering design (FEED) minimizes schedule, cost, and technical risks by comprehensively defining the project before it proceeds into a design-build or EPC contract. Our extensive experience in the project lifecycle from concept through commissioning provides us with a grounded, informed approach to the front end of projects. We deliver complete FEED packages including:
- Defined project scopes, equipment and facility layouts, process flow diagrams, major equipment lists, and preliminary designs.
- Capital cost estimates.
- Project schedules.
- Permitting plans.
- Risk assessments.
- Tender packages for design-build/EPC contracts.
Due Diligence Studies
Our senior personnel have performed technical due diligence studies for pre-purchase audits and valuations worldwide, taking into consideration:
- The physical condition of fixed assets.
- Equipment lifecycle performance expectations.
- Book and economic values for existing equipment.
- Maintenance requirements.
- Operational capabilities, capacity, and improvement opportunities.
- Workforce requirements, structure, and improvement opportunities.
- Future expansion plans including CAPEX requirements.
We also provide independent assessments of in-progress projects to review and evaluate the project development work including:
- Project execution plans.
- Project budgets including project equipment and subconsultant costs.
- Project and construction schedules.
- Labour force requirements.
- Engineering design work.
- Permitting activities.
Our evaluation capabilities extend to the following:
- Constructability assessments.
- Safety reviews.
- Risk reviews.
- Code compliance reviews.
- Static simulations to validate capacity and highlight bottlenecks.
- Top-down cost estimates to verify costs.