CWA's comprehensive project management services apply to the full range of the project cycle, from inception to execution and commissioning. These services provide a transparent framework for decision making, facilitate effective scope controls, and enable continuous cost, budget, and schedule oversight to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Accurate and Realistic
CWA has developed a comprehensive estimating system that integrates material takeoffs with real-life cost data that can be managed as unit costs or a combination of labour rates and material and equipment costs. Our extensive in-house cost estimating database is continuously updated with cost information from relevant and recent projects we have completed and we leverage our global network of suppliers, fabricators, and installers to obtain real-time pricing.
We are fully equipped to provide:
- Conceptual estimates.
- Detailed design estimates.
- Control estimates.
- Local cost validation.
- Change order analysis.
- Third-party review.
- Claims resolution.
We also offer value engineering services to identify cost savings, improve the functionality of designs, and provide the best possible solutions for our clients' needs.
Planning and Scheduling
Measurable Results. Improved Project Performance.
We carry out initial scheduling in conjunction with project execution planning. Our professionals are highly proficient in critical path method (CPM) scheduling, making schedule review a valuable tool to avoid disputes and delays.
In addition to CPM master scheduling, we provide:
- Conceptual schedules.
- Baseline schedule analysis.
- Resourcing schedules.
- Time-impact analysis.
- Decision-making capacity assessments.
- Independent schedule updating.
- Construction schedules.
- Recovery schedules.
Forecast. Monitor. Control.
Our experts utilize the latest cost-engineering techniques to manage a project's outcomes through careful monitoring, analysis, forecasting, and control of project resources, cost, and schedule.
- Cash flow and schedule optimization.
- Quantity surveys to verify progress.
- Analysis of cost, schedule, and resources.
- Earned value reviews and analysis.
- Cost and schedule forecasting.
- Project accounting and audits.
- Cost control and change management.
Minimize Exposure. Predict Success.
Mastering capital project risk management is essential to minimizing project risks and maximizing benefits. CWA understands that proper risk management requires continuous communication, consultation, monitoring, and review processes.
We provide comprehensive risk management services including:
- Risk methodology implementation.
- Risk identification and assessment.
- Risk planning/mitigation.
- Risk register preparation.
- Risk audits.
Effective Purchasing Administration
Over several decades of continuous growth, CWA has built relationships with a vast network of trusted suppliers whose reputations for quality, innovation, and on-time delivery are unsurpassed in the industry. CWA connects clients with top-quality suppliers and manages the complete purchasing cycle.
Our services include:
- Sourcing and prequalification of vendors and suppliers.
- Bidder list preparation and recommendations.
- Preparation and management of requests for expressions of interest/requests for proposals/requests for quotes.
- Proposal/bid evaluations and recommendations.
- Expediting and logistics.
- Quality assurance and quality control.
- Handover and closeout.
Contract Administration & Management
Optimize Contract Performance & Project Outcomes
CWA's contract management professionals are fully equipped to manage contractual needs, mitigate risk, and identify opportunities throughout the project lifecycle. The implementation and management of a rigorous contract management system is essential to driving efficiency, improving capital project delivery outcomes, and ensuring successful end-to-end procurer and supplier performance.
The definition of key contract terms early on, with a focus on critical key performance indicators (KPIs) and effective terms and conditions tailored to the unique requirements of each project, provides transparency for stakeholders, promoting better end-user understanding and ongoing contract management post-award.
Our services include:
- Technical document preparation.
- Contract formation and review.
- Sourcing and prequalification of contractors and service providers.
- Preparation of tender documents.
- Management of the tendering process.
- Tender review, submission, analysis, and recommendations.
- Contract implementation and administration.
- Progress verification and validation.
- Payment certification.
- Contract amendments and change orders.
- Claims and resolutions.
- Verification and validation.
- Contract closeout.
Earned Value & Progress Management
Measured Performance. Full Transparency.
Using earned value management (EVM) as a tool to provide project management visibility into technical, cost, and schedule progress on contracts, we are able to measure progress, determine cost and schedule variances from the plan, and forecast final costs and timelines.
CWA's construction management team takes an integrated approach to managing construction to ensure a seamless transition from the drawing board to full implementation and start-up.
Our services include:
- Side-wide construction management and control.
- Site safety planning and implementation.
- On-site logistics and materials management.
- Receiving, storage, and warehousing.
- Constructability planning and assessments.
- Field procurement and expediting.
- Management of sub-contractors, sub-trades, and suppliers.
- Day-to-day coordination and communication.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
- Construction planning and scheduling.
- Emergency response and first aid.
- Site security.