As we all know, the Covid-19 pandemic has created many challenges for many people in Canada and around the world. Over the past several months, CWA has remained focused on the efficient delivery of services to our valued clients, while ensuring that the health and safety of our employees, families and clients remains our priority. We wish to thank our employees and clients for their continued support during this difficult and challenging period we are all facing.
The current rising Covid-19 case numbers in Canada and throughout the world have given rise to great concern. We remain focused on ensuring that the targeted safety measures, heightened cleaning regime, and risk mitigation protocols that we have implemented are strictly adhered to both in the office and during any required site visits.
CWA’s Covid-19 Safety Plan and protocols are continuously reviewed and adapted by our Covid-19 response team to ensure that we respond rapidly to the most up-to-date information available and remain in strict compliance with all provincial and federal guidelines and Public Health Orders. Theses enhanced safety measures and Covid-19 protocols have been implemented to protect the health and safety of our staff, clients’, and the general community.
CWA’s Covid-19 Safety Protocols Include:
- Continued adherence to CWA’s comprehensive Covid-19 Safety Plan (now an integral component of CWA’s Safety Manual). This plan is under continuous review by our Covid-19 response team and updated according to the evolving circumstances.
- Reducing the overall capacity of our office workspaces by encouraging staff to work remotely.
- Continued adherence to our enhanced cleaning and disinfection regime.
- Continuous review, communication, and observance of the protocols for physical distancing and maximum capacities of all common areas of CWA offices and the Broadway Tech Centre complex.
- Wearing of non-medical face coverings throughout the common areas of the Broadway Tech Centre complex.
- Daily check-ins for all division team members.
- Limiting company business trips to essential travel only.
- Encouraging virtual meetings whenever possible, both internally and externally, through use of the Microsoft Teams platform, .
- Reducing the sharing and use of physical files wherever possible and encouraging greater collaboration through via our VPN network and Microsoft Teams.
- Requesting all visitors and staff to submit daily Personal Health Declarations and information for contact tracing purposes.
Stay Focused. Stay Vigilant. Stay Safe.
While the recent news that Covid-19 vaccines will become available to Canadians in the coming months is certainly encouraging, we recognize that we are still in the midst, and perhaps in the most difficult phase, of the pandemic and that continued vigilance is required.
To date, there have been zero recorded positive cases of Covid-19 at CWA’s offices. CWA remains committed to maintaining our heightened efforts to protect the health, safety and well-being of our valued staff, clients, and members of our community.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our offices or your colleague at CWA, to provide you with any additional information that you may require.
Please stay safe, healthy, and informed, while supporting one another.
Ray Chu – President and CEO.