Established over 20 years ago, CWA has expanded in response to the evolving needs of the global marketplace and continues to produce successful engineering solutions, delivering our projects on budget and on schedule while adhering to stringent health, safety, and environmental standards. We attribute CWA’s success to the following major factors.
At CWA, we recognize that our company is only as strong as the team behind it. It’s one of the reasons why CWA empowers its people to succeed by providing them with a broad range of experiences, along with opportunities for training, career development, and tools for personal success.
Our personnel regularly attend technical conferences and undertake professional development training to remain at the cutting edge of their fields. This focus on the skills and quality of our people has been instrumental to the success of our company and motivates the entire team to improve, advance, and contribute.
Social Responsibility and Sustainability
CWA understands that sustainability is essential for the long-term health of our planet. We believe that a successful organization is one that seamlessly interweaves health, safety, the environment, and viable economics. Our environmental sustainability policy is based on the following core principles:
- We respect our environment.
- We recognize our responsibility to the environment in which we live.
- We strive to minimize the impact of our operating practices on the environment.
We practice social responsibility and sustainability leadership through our commitment to:
- Conduct business in a reasonable manner designed to protect the environment and the health and safety of our employees, our clients, and the public.
- Develop and promote new environmental technologies and solutions aimed at minimizing environmental impact.
- Promote environmental awareness and train our employees in their environmental responsibilities at work and in the community.
- Align all business and management practices with our core value of improving our communities and striving to minimize the impact of our operating practices on the environment.
- Integrate environmental and sustainability considerations into the processes of planning, design, and construction on all our projects.
We are committed to minimizing the impact of our activities on the environment while managing our operations economically and efficiently.
Safety is more than the sticker on our hard hats – it is part of our culture. We are committed to conducting our business in a safe manner at all times by being alert to risks that can be eliminated or controlled to prevent injuries. Our dedication to a culture of safety has resulted in an excellent safety record, with an “A” rating on ISNetworld and zero lost-time accidents over the 21 years since CWA’s incorporation.
CWA has achieved certification with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC)’s Organizational Quality Management (OQM) program.
The OQM program is a voluntary program established by EGBC for organizations that have registered professionals practicing in British Columbia. The program guides employers in implementing better quality management practices to support EGBC professionals in meeting their quality management requirements under the Engineers and Geoscientists Act and Bylaws.
As we believe that maintaining quality in our designs is integral to CWA’s success, we view this certification as a significant milestone. OQM certification demonstrates that our organization is a leader in our commitment to quality management practices and standards.
CWA believes in the importance of giving back to our community. Each year, we spend the month of November fundraising for United Way of the Lower Mainland to help address local concerns in a concrete manner and, for the past three years, we have participated in and fundraised for the Mining for Miracles Celebrity Pie Throw in support of BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Annual United Way Fundraiser
Mining for Miracles Annual Celebrity Pie Throw